Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Back to the grind!

What a whirlwind weekend!

Finally made it back about 9pm last night after a 7 hour ride home.

We had so much fun this weekend, Tiff, Brooke and I wished we could have stayed longer!

Tiffany and Brooke spent Sunday in the big city (NYC!) and had a mommy/daughter day. This is the first time in 9 years that Brooke had ever traveled with us on a vacation and we wanted to make it special. Money was tight, but those 2 women can stretch a dollar farther than anyone I have ever seen. I gave Brooke the digital camera to take with her and she did such a fantastic job taking the photos. She got a few of her in front of anything 'Brooklyn', from the Brooklyn Cafe (Ralph notes that this is a famous stop for members of the Howard Stern Show) and the Brooklyn Bridge! Tiffany had her photo taken in front, of course, of Tiffany's. Also Brooke took some stellar photos of her mom at Central Park. She was damn good with that camera! They spent almost 12 hours walking around town! That is simply amazing to me. Here Tiff is almost 7 months pregnant and she's just tooling around like its nothing! The girls were exhausted and I drove home so that they could rest their weary bones.

Speaking of riding home.........I took the wheel about an hour in to the ride after stopping at a Burger King inside of New Jersey off of I-80. Now get this.....I wore my Band of Gamers shirt, a grey one that simply had 'BOG' on the front and our logo on the back with 'Band of Gamers - An XBox Live Community' on it. We walked into the restaurant and it was packed with kids around Brookes age, 13. I'm betting there were around a dozen or so. But as I'm standing in line this kid comes up to me and asks where I got the shirt. I told em I was in BoG and he starts treating me like a rock star! "Wow, you guys are famous on XBox. We've read all about you guys." So I ask em who he knows and he starts running the gammut with me 'TBoa, BachelorPad, Barroom Hero..................and get's to good 'ol Scary Aaron!' LOL, now I do feel like a rock star! He get's done and I introduce myself as Scary and he turns to his buddies proclaiming 'Guy's this is Scary Aaron!' Next thing ya know I've got a group of kids all standing around me asking about our clan and if we are accepting new members and how cool it would be to be in BoG!

C'mon, that is just cool! I mean, I just game for fun, and hang with some real good buddies on there and were getting star treatment. I mean I'm 400 miles from home, and I'm in a Burger King in BFE where the kids knew who I was! That just rocked my world! Of course, Tiff had to laugh it up! I told em to stop by our forums and say hi! Hopefully to add validity to my story!!

So the ride went quick after I teamed up with a trucker cruising a nice 80-85 MPH! I followed him for about 250 miles before we parted ways, waving and beeping to each other as if we knew one another! Gotta love truckers!

Well that's all for that story! Next trip...........The Lou at the end of June! Off to finally meet the BoG boy's face to face! I cannot wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy-moggoly!
That is cool indeed, just wish that happened when people see the GT.com stuff. Oh well...

Anonymous said...

It is cool about wearing our BoG Shirts around. I have gotten a few comments myself now... My most memorable one in the local best buy!! People, it really does seem like you have that little bit of fame when you get recognized in those shirts!!