Thursday, May 19, 2005

I dub thee 'Alexander the Great'!


Alexander the Great!

Well,

Tiffany and I are now in day 4 of finding out that I'm not the father of her expected child. But we haven't let that stop us from continuing our love.

The past year being split up has given both of us time to evaluate our lives and see what it is in life that we really want.

I made some great friends in that time, but you know something? Nothing could EVER replace Tiffany and the bond that we have had. Yeah, great, we've had some rough times. But everyone does! We are in the days now where it's so easy to just go and get divorced! That's the simple solution. Well, for those of you who know me, I'm never simple! I love to overcomplicate things! What can I say? I live for drama I guess!

So we spent Monday and Tuesday deciding on what she would name the baby. After a phone call with her sister she realized that "Yeah, I'm still married to Aaron and I can keep his last name!" So the attention turned to me and the responsibility of naming the baby as well! Hey, what can I say? I was honored! For everything that has gone wrong so far, I'm able to turn the conrner and find a bright spot! I must admit, I was touched!

Now, for anyone who's gone thru this hassle, you know what kind of a pain in the ass it is! I mean c'mon do you want the child growing up saying "What the hell were you on when you named me?" Nope, not this guy! I'm too sensitive for something like that!

I had been kickin around Alexander (Alex) for a few days when I woke up Wednesday morning to an overly active womb that was basically a kick boxing session and said "Alexander the Great needs to go to sleep and let mommy sleep!" Tiff wakes up out of a dead sleep and proclaims "I love it! Alexander Christopher Spicer!"

Totally caught me by surprise, but it looks like that's what she wants to go with now!

Wow, 18 years ahead of me! Wish me luck everyone!

Watch out everyone! Alex is about to take us by storm! August 17th is the expecting date! Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to place a bet on August 16th.

Alex is a powerful name. I like it.

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

I too like the name Alex. But nick Alexander the Great's a good nick name too. Much better than my aunt who named my new cousin "Lucus". It's just to easy to rhyme... :-P. Oh, and let's swap blog links :D.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, and I wish the best of luck.

I want to know what my parents were on when they named me...