Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Out of Exile = Phenominal

So many times it's just damn near impossible these days for a band to put out a sophomore effort that stands the test of time like a mega-platinum album that was your first out of the gate, but that's exactly what Audioslave has done.

I've been a huge fan of Chris Cornell for years, even picking up my first Soundgarden disc 'Flower' before grunge was even a word. The dude just has the most amazing voice I have ever heard. Great lyrisist as well. I loved Rage Against the Machine as well, but when I heard of this unlikely supergroup forming I was somewhat skeptical. I was glad to hear Chris was in a big group again, but disappointed to say the least.

I picked up the first disc and was immediatly blown away about the sheer rawness of it and just the fluid flow of the album. Song's like 'Show Me How To Live' just lifted the spirits and made you yearn for the good 'old days of a great rock song!

So I had my fingers crossed that lightning would strike twice with this group and they would hit another homerun. Well, low and behold, they've done it again! On top of that, I'd put 'Out of Exile' ahead of their first release. This just sounds so much tighter, the band has found its sound, and are really starting to push it musically with each other. Chris again is in raw form and just belting out hit after hit here. The first single off the album 'Be Yourself' was a great radio tune to get em back out there, but there are classics on this disc like 'Doesn't Remind Me' which is just a killer riff filled ripper, '#1 Zero' is another hit you upside the head classic, and 'The Curse' gives ya that killer ending to an album that makes you hit play again.

I've given this album about 5 listens thru already and I just can't stop! I highly recommend this album!

Are you still sitting there? Get up, or go online, and buy it already! Trust me, you wont be disappointed!

No comments: