Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Forza, Forza, Forza..........

As most of you may or may not know, I'm a big gamer!

I love my XBox and XBox Live. Actually, most of my friends that I socialize are from the XBox Live community!

Our latest craze is a new game from Microsoft Gaming Studios called Forza Motorsport. This is supposed to be the Gran Tourismo killer for the XBox. I can't comment on that since I've never spent a dime on anything PS2 related. That's another story for another time though.

I've been seeing demos and teasers for this game for over a year now and had it on pre-order since the first of the year, just salivating over the total car customization that you have. It finally hit last week and in preparation, I also picked up my very first peripherial for the XBox, a wheel from Fanatec called the Speedster 3 Forceshock (www.forceshock.com exclusive to Gamestop, www.gamestop.com ).

I picked up the game and rushed right home to try it out, but stupid me, I went and had no sleep the night prior, thus I fell asleep just watching the breathtaking videos on the start up. So the weekend approaches and I know the likes of Vitamin B, Ram2600 and Slickmoney would be all over this and I'd be sucking dust before I knew it. I spent a few hours of learning the nuances of the wheel and getting used to it. Well, Saturday finally hit, I had a day off and spent it learning, learning, learning! After about the first 4-6 hours of play I really got the hang of it and was cruising right along to my Level 10 l33tn3ss!!....................Just to find Vitamin and a few others were already pushing on Level 20. So much for keeping up with the Joneses!!

The cars are just phenominal, with so many to choose from. If you are a car enthusiast this is a must to have!

Now go out and buy this sucker so I can dust you!

No comments: