Friday, June 03, 2005

A sappy post for all of you!

Not many of you may know this about me, since most of you only know of me, or anything about me either thru this blog now, or thru our interactions on the net. But, outside of the internet world I don't have much of an exciting life.

I spent a lot of my time working since Tiffany and I split up and even before that I didn't do much except pour my time into her. Even as far back as high school, I only had a few friends, and is most often the case, after high school, those friends disappeared.

When XBox Live launched, I was invited into the beta program to get involved and be a part of a fun project. Along the way I made some friends who, to this day I still am friends with. As you can see I've even traveled to meet these friends.

I've always joked with Tiffany about how the only friends I have are over the 'net, but you know something, today I realized how true that statement is.

I've made some great friends thru my clan involvement and with getting onboard with the guys over at Gamertag.com.

This is more of a 'thank you' to those guys/gals for being there for me during hard times and being able to pick up the phone and either have you guys/gals call me or if need be for me to call you. All of you have made me truely appreciate people again! You guys have sometimes seen the worse I've gone thru and you've always been non-judgemental and always just offered support and friendship. It's hard to come up with a thank you, but I thought this might be a good start.

Here's a short list (and if your names not listed, don't be offended, I'm sure I'll miss someone!)

Ralph/April (Ram2600) - I can't say enough about how much I've appreciated 2 people like you guys!

Brian (Vitamin B) - Bro, you have been there for me! Thank you my friend! The phone calls are always a welcomed pleasure!

Dave/Heather (MrSilverblood and TheHeather) - You 2 opened your home to me and made me start to really understand how great you guys/gals all are! I can't say how honored I have been for the way you guys have been with me, and with Tiffany! Thank you for showing me that people don't have to judge others and can understand where a guy is coming from!

Pete/Mary (KegOWar) - Pete, it took several years to finally meet up with you and I wished we could have met sooner! You are an awesome guy and Mary just rocks! It's great to have finally had the chance to meet you both. I hope it's not the last time!

Cindy/Terry (The Lonestars) - Your community has brought me a home on the net! Your friendship has been wonderful and you guys brought me in and made me feel more than welcome there!

JFrag and the early GT.com boys - Good grief, we roll way back into the beta days! It was just so awesome to see what you guys created over there. Again, you guys brought me in and you have helped me create some great friendships! Thanks for all of your hard work!

The BoG boys - TBoa and fellas, you guys are my brothers! It's been so damn awesome to be a part of this group. It just shows that you can compete with friends and still have fun! Thanks for keeping it fun for me! Dagon, you rock bro! You and your brothers have been such a great group of guys to get to know over the past year and I can't wait to meet and shake all of your hands! TBoa its been great watching your leadership and control over such a group of us ruffians! Kudos for holding it all together! Can't wait for the get together!

The BachelorPad - Yeah part of the BoG boys, but I wanted to personally thank you for your friendship over the years! We roll way back to the SoS/Apocalypse days and again, I consider you a great friend! Thanks for everything bro! Some day, you will see that dream you and not many others know about, come true! Watch for it!

XBLF and GT.com - Community! Just so awesome to be a part of both! I've had great laughs on days I really needed it! I'm sure there's more I could say here, but for now Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Alright, I'll suck it up and quit being such a woosy here! But I feel a lot better having put this out there. Sometimes we forget to thank those around us, and I thought this was a proper way to do so.

Now, back to work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwe!
Someone get me a tissue!
:-)

Anonymous said...

That's it. I'm handing Dave a tissue and Aaron another beer.