Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Dad's rental hot rod!





Dad's rental Hot Rod!

So my dad is really big in to cars. His latest facination is BMW. He's been buying these things all over EBay, it's maddening!

Well, his good 'ol reliable Beemer died on him a few weeks ago on a return trip home and left em stranded out in the middle of Pennsylvania.

Needless to say, the Beemer's still sitting at his place in New Jersey and he had to bring a rental home this past weekend. I had a chance to spend some time with him on Sunday and after a few brews he insisted that I drive his car home and just have it back before he had to leave Monday night! OK, let's evaluate: I live 1 (walking distance) block from his house, dad's had a few brews......Sweet, let's do this!

I have about an 1 1/2 hour ride to and from work each day and I'm driving a Ka-ka-ka-Kia! Not enjoyable at all! And spending waaaaaaaaaaay too much time in Forza lately, I felt like a speed freak behind the wheel of this bad boy! It's a 2005 Volvo S40. This car is H.O.T.!!!!! I took her out on the Ohio Autobahn (read I-271 express lanes) and wanted to see what she could do. I always get these pockets of traffic and it's a pain in the Kia to get around cars with the sweet acceleration she has! Not with this bad boy! I lightly touched the gas and I was off to the races!

I tell ya what, if I had an extra $35,000 to throw around I'd be all over this one! Fun ride for sure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast!!! lol.... I'll trade you my pontiac sunbird 1994 edition any day for your KA KA KA Kia!!! lol....