Friday, August 12, 2005

Todays musical selection........


Some of you may or may not know, but I'm a big music fan. I listen to pretty much everything. If it's got a catchy riff or beat, I'll check it out.

A few years ago while working out in Pennsylvania, a friend of mine turned me on to quite a bit of music. Music that I had heard of but wouldn't have rushed out and bought it myself.

These were the early days of Napster and stuff like that and we exchanged quite a bit of music betwixt the two of us.

One of the more interesting finds for me was this band that formed now over 10 years ago called Gov't Mule. Warren Haynes, of Allman Brothers fame, was a founding member with Allen Woody and a few other great musical talents. They are your basic jam band, but the music is just killer! Very bluesy and very melodic!!

Right now I'm jammin out to an album they put out a few years ago called 'The Deep End Vol. 1' This is a spectacular album and has some great remakes from the Allman Brothers, John Fogerty and even has an appearance from Bootsy Collins (Of Funkadelics fame)!

I would recommend if you have an open mind to music to pick this one up and give it a listen.

***** STAR RATING FROM SCARY!

No comments: