Friday, August 12, 2005

Coming to a next gen system near you............

And by next gen. system, I mean no other than the XBox 360, lovers!!!

I've been keeping a close eye on a few games that really have my attention right now and what's gonna keep my playing games way into my 30's, and I've found 5 right now that are standing out to me, so here goes:

1. Gears of War, by Epic games - This game is just stunning from the first photos I've seen. Not slated til almost summer of 2006, this is the game that I am most craving. Heading up the team is Cliff 'Cliffy B' Bleszinski, of Unreal fame and fortunes! It's a game based on horror survival and tactical shooting. Oh, who cares, the monsters are freaking huge and scary looking! And we like Scary!!! Don't we?? Reading thru Cliffs Blog I'm intrigued by the scare factor that's gonna come with this one. C'mon, sneaking up on someone and then chainsawing them??? Put a fork in me, I'm done!

2. World Air Force - OK, big reason this one's #2 on my list is simple. We are going to finally get an air combat game based on today's military aircraft! Nuff said! It's a Japanese company developing it, Taito, and their claiming only 15% is complete so far, but wow, for 15%, the graphics are stunning. Here's hoping that those photos are in-game shots! Just look at these screen shots! Yeah, you like that don't you??

3. Huxley - This one is a killer epic game with what their touting as a MMOFPS, yes, you read that correctly! Going on record, they were touting battles of up to 5000 people simultaneously. Time will tell!

4. Condemned - You hunt a serial killer........OK, I'm done! That's gonna be fun!! Here's a quip from a favorite game site 1up:
Combat consists of frenzied scrambling to fend off murderous nut jobs--you'll pick up whatever's at your disposal, be it a lead pipe, wooden plank, or shotgun, to stay alive. Don't expect pure fighting, though: The CSI-inspired forensic puzzle elements add a clever twist (e.g., scoping mysterious stains with a black light). Plus, the grisly narrative violently intrudes on your progress, thrusting you into heavily stylized crime-scene flashback cut-scenes.
C'mon, doesn't that just get you warm and fuzzy inside??

and

5. Ghost Recon 3: Advanced Warfighter - Holy crap!!! I'm a huge GR series fan, and this one is just blowing me away! The video clips I've seen have me sitting her in sheer giddiness! Won't you join me in shooting up friends relentlessly?? Take a look at the beauty that is Ghost Recon and you will quickly say, PS what??? RIIIIIIIIGHT!

No comments: