Tuesday, August 02, 2005

My digital lifestyle! I may be over the edge!

I was thinking about it today and I realized that I spend more time on the computer than any activity I do on a daily basis.

I work with computers so a computer is a part of my day no matter what. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I rely on electronic communications more than anything else I encounter on a daily basis, including a phone.

Now I'm not into cell phones and Blackberries, but I would dare say 95% of my daily activities and contacts are handled on my laptop. Be it by email or instant messages, forums or private messages, I watch my laptop like a little school boy waiting for that phone to ring back in the days of waiting for that cute girl in class to call.

I can't find much fault in my ways of communications being that most of my friends are now apart of my digital way of life, and most have come from some interation on the PC. I've been a part of the XBox gaming community since its inception and have created a great group of friends that way, and almost every day I'm somehow communicating with them there. I've even gone to meet some of these clowns (lol, I kid! Their all great friends!)!!! And the sad (to you maybe, a hightlight for me!) part is, I have more friends now, this way, then I did growing up! Being so glued to this thing I've picked up a program called Skype, which if need be, allows me to call people right over the internet. If ya have the program its a free call, and you can even pick up phone cards to make regular land line calls with it as well.

It just makes me realize what a cluster bomb mess I'd be in if I lost this line of communication! How would I function!!!???? Ooooo good grief, the thought alone is dreadful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed, this was precisely the reason I bought a laptop.