Friday, August 12, 2005

This week's 'Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark!'

This has to be the nastiest play I have seen EVER!

Yesterday during a game between the Mets and the Padres, Mike Cameron and Carlos Beltran (yeah great, you haven't done shit for me all year long as it is and now this!!) had a head on collision.

Now, let me set the stage for you: There's a shot to mid-field and both Cameron and Beltran zero in on the incoming flyball, not paying attention to one another. Like Superman, both men dive to catch the ball and Beltran slams head first into Cameron, knocking the boy clean out of his jockstrap!

Now, I know this was a nasty shot, bcause during SportsCenter last night Tiffany and I are watching this and she sat up in gasped at the devistation that this looked like. "Oh my god! He's gotta be dead after that!" She uttered in disbelief. To see Beltran get up from that was amazing, and unfortunately Cameron wasn't so lucky.

He was taken to the hospital where both cheeks were broken and the boy had to spend the night in the hospital.

This is a sight to see this in action. And to hear it played back with make your ass cheeks pucker! What a hit!!!

No comments: