Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Todays lunch rocked!!



It's not often that I get to go out for a lunch like I did today.

Nothing against Tiffany, but she is more of a meat and potatoes kind of person. I like to experiment and try new things.

Well, today, the kid (yeah, the one that may be leaving us) asked me to go to lunch today. Hell, it was sushi, how often do I get to do that? Count me in!

So we head over here and we're the only 2 clowns in there at 11:30 in the morning. Start off with a nice Grey Goose and cranberry! Ahhh, lunch the right way. The cute waitress talked us in to some appetizers. I had raw squid. Now, you may think, "what the hell are you thinking??", and trust me, I asked myself the same question when I agreed to give it a try, but WOW!! I was blown away at how frickin good this was!

For the main course I went with the Volcano. Now this dish had 8 rice and crab meat rolls with the wraps around them and THEN it was topped with a smelt roe (some sort of a fish I'm told), avacadoe and cream cheese mixed together and then fried. I took that and dipped it in some low fat soy sauce, and mmmm, mmmmm, mmmmmmm! What a meal!

Loved every moment of it. Now I can go home tonight and make Tiffany and Brooke gag as I tell em what we ate for lunch! Ahhhh, my favorite part!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone who goes "eeew" at the mere mention of the word sushi, and never tried it....they have no freak'n clue what they are talking about.

However, if they dislike fish all-together, well then I can understand their point. lol
Aaron, next time you, me, Ralph and Pete are together again, we're heading to the nearest sushi bar!

Aaron said...

Your on!!!

By the way, we need to make that happen real soon!

I'll keep you guys posted when I'm settled and can do a trip!

Anonymous said...

umm, i said ewww at first, then i tried it and loved it. I'm not a big fish person, but like the change from meat and potAtOz..