Thursday, September 29, 2005

The spending season's upon us.............gamer junkies!!



Yep, it's that time of the year again for all of us gamer junkies!

The 360 is 54 days away and XBox is making it that much harder to save for it with some killer games lined up over the next month and a half.

I got crazy last week and picked up 2 games out of peer pressure! I haven't had the chance to play much with the move and with Alex being born, but hey, that's a good excuse if you ask me! It was nice to sit down to a game after all the work and stuff I've been up to, just so I could space out for a few hours. I still haven't found myself sitting in front of the TV for hours like I used to, and that's a good thing.

So I'm trying to limit my spendatures for the next month and a half and calling my new console purchase my 'birthday gift'!! Now we just need to know what games are releasing with it and I can start planning the right way!

So I've picked up X-Men 2 Legends: The rise of the Apocalypse and Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes. Yes, you read that right X-Men 2! I couldn't believe I'd even play it but with all my buds over at XBoxLiveFriends ranting and raving about it, I just had to see what it was all about. I have to admit, I haven't even opened the other game that's how much fun X-Men was. Just a totally different pace of game for me and a nice added change. I can't even recount the last time I played a single player game. Just good fun here!

So this week it looks like FarCry: Instincts and Heroes of the Pacific! FarCry for all the XBLF boys who are having fun with their map editors and finding ways to stick Davidson to a tree, and Heroes of the Pacific becasue I'm a flying game junkie and I haven't had one game to fill that void in my life! It's finally here. Hey, it's World War 2 planes, but I'll take it. World Air Force is gonna make its way to the 360 and that's when my life will be over!

Other than that I think there might be 2-3 more games I'll end up scoring before the 360 launches. My hopes are that all of these games I've been buying will still be able to be played on the 360 at launch time. Theres a whole issue with backwards compatability and it is not clearly defined yet, even with 54 days left til launch. Next week is the last major event for Microsoft before launch so hopefully all of our questions will have answers. Major and the boys have been so mum about stuff that it's almost Area 51ish in feeling!

So the end of November, the 22nd to be exact is the big launch day. I can't get in on a pre-order anywhere now that I've pulled mine right before I left Ohio, instead of just transferring it. So I'm gonna have to take a chance with just walking in and getting one at Best Buy or something. We'll see.

All I know is that it's gonna be a very expensive month! Stay tuned to watch me blow my cash!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting this launch out. :(

Anonymous said...

Same here. So little money...

Anonymous said...

I dont have it pre-order'd anywhere as well. I'll have to gamble if i get it at launch. i can wait i guess. But am eager to get Perfect Dark and GR:AW for sure. 3 more titles i still Seek before the launch.. Far Cry, Sniper Elite and America's Army. They should hold me over for a bit. Gotta pick up Far Cry tonite on my way home from work.

Aaron said...

See that, completely forgot about America's Army.

I've played that on the PC and it is a killer game! Can't beat a free game! You will definitely see me there. GRAW for sure, just have to wait for a confirmed date on it.