Monday, September 12, 2005

First weekend report!

Well, the first week was quite the challenge here for me.

I had to start last week trying to pick up MasterCAM which is total garbage after using Pro/E for so many years. But I thought I'd give it a try and see what I could come up with. Let's just say that there's a reason it's called Master'Scam'!! Garbage I tell ya!

So on Thursday my buddy hooked me up with a much more robust CAM software, GibbsCAM. This is top notch and I've been picking it right up. I've had a few hiccups, but you'll have that with anything new you try to pick up. So the week ended better than it started, for sure.

Friday night Tiffany picked me up and we went for a few beers and some apetizers down at Tin City which is a nice little area with shops, restaurants and bars. She's busted her ass the past few weeks and she definitely deserved a night out on the town! After we got done there we headed over to my buddy Mikes house and spent the rest of the night with him and his girl Kristen. We hit the beach to check the sunset out, which we ended up just missing. No big deal, as that's been the case the past week here. The clouds are out in the Gulf covering it up each night so far. We'll see it soon enough though! We were a bit hungry so we headed over to 5th Ave. to check out what was going on over there.

Now, 5th Ave. is not for the 'light in the pockets' type of people (read: ME!) so we walked up and down to see what the prices were like. Well, nothing cheap here, so we just hit Yabba Island Grill and said to hell with it! 75$ later and thee worst service I have ever had in a restaurant, we called it a night! Now, dinner was excellent! Mike and I jumped on a benefit for Katrina which after you donated at least $10, you got 10 glasses of wines. I used that to wash down a nice swordfish steak! Mmmmmm, yummy! Tiffany shocked me and tried something different! I was kiddin with her and pointed her right to the steaks so she felt comfortable! Well she went with the Carribean jerk chicken, AND ENJOYED IT!

We ended the night walkin around the town checkin out all of the hot cars lined up and down 5th along with the hot bikes that were there as well.

Saturday after a few hours of work we headed over to Naples beach for a little sun action! After about 2 hours we got back home and it was football time for daddy!! Started watching one of the best college games I had seen in quite some time with Ohio State losing to Texas. I was bummed as I thought OSU had that game locked up! But oh well! Off to bed at 10:30 on a Saturday!

Sunday was the big day for me, as it was NFL KickOff day! Well, being in lowly Florida, your stuck watching the CFL teams of Tampa Bay and Miami then for the kicker I had to suffer thru Green Bay and Detroit! Not exactly the way you want to start the season.

I didn't do too bad with my fantasy teams, as I am 2-1 for the weekend so far. My EASports team is blowing goats right now though. Not sure if there's much of a chance for them. The 2 Yahoo teams are not too shabby, considering I wasn't there for either of them to select my teams! Then ya have the Weak (yes I said WEAK!) 1 wonders that every clown and his brother jump all over for the weekend. What jackasses! Some people never learn about the 1 week wonders! They will once they have to dump em and go pick up another weakly scab!

That's all for now! More as it develops!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost want to start singing Jimmy Buffet tunes. Going to bust out the Hawaiian shirts too? lol
MARGARITAVILLE BABY!!!

Glad the move was good, and things are settling down for you guys. Next time I'm down to see the folks, a visit to your place is a must. An FYI, from my parents place to St.Pete is 2 hours...eek!

Aaron said...

Yeah, we drove the last part of the trip, from Clearwater to Naples, in just about 2 hours.

It was a haul, but not too bad!

Thinking of doing Key West on a Poker run this weekend. I get to drive the Jeep though! :( Oh well! Should still be a fun time! Then it will be Margarhitas for everyone!