Sunday, March 30, 2008

A few days away!

I'm pretty pumped. I leave Tuesday morning for South Carolina! I'm heading down for a few days of golf with my daughters uncles. Should be a great time.

My golf game is not all that bad after the beating my lungs took from chemo. I hit about 100 balls on Saturday and felt just a little stiff today. I've got a few old scars that I can feel inside but I'm pretty sure if I stay lubricated (or is that inebriated?) down there I'll do just fine. I haven't been able to be too active the past year yet. I have just basically taken it very easy. I think this is a great way to start working back in to shape. Hey, maybe I'll take up a league this year.

Any way you look at it it's a few days away. And according to Tiffany, I need it.

The grandbaby is doing pretty good considering being very colicky and quite possibly teething already. He fusses quite a bit. Poor Brooke...

Alex sure is going to have a rough 'Terrible 2's'. He's in the official 'No!' stage already. It's amazing the patience that you have to use with kids these days. HAHA! I love him to death though. He is my little buddy! Such a treat to have around me. He makes me forget everything.

Other than that, nothing much else to report.

Oh yeah, electronics.....

My XBox died, again. Crazy story there, but lets just say it's going back for the 10th visit. Shameful I tell you. I'm glad I've learned patience. And besides, it'll be gone while I am, so the pain wont be too bad.

In the meantime Tiff's been hogging the DS and playing Advance Wars 2. I'm on the PSP playing my nephews copy of God of War (which is quite fun!) and using it to watch some videos.

I found a software that let me convert to files that would fit on my PSP and Zune. I tried it on some dvd's and a few tv shows that I had recorded on my computer. They were some VH1 specials from the 'Kissology 2' release. They look awesome on there! Speaking of which, Tiff and I decided that we were going to put a new TV in our bedroom. We're looking at getting one of those HP MediaSmart LCD TV's. I love the built in Media Center stuff. I'm digging on that since I'll be able to get my TV shows off my computer as well along with music and videos. All wirelessly. I'm going to wait until summer since the first hook up I've seen for component video that was coming from Hauppauge has just now been put on hold from what I hear. I was bummed. I dumped DirecTV so I could just switch all of my stuff to Time Warner and get a better internet than I have now thru AT&T along with the same HD channels that I was getting from satellite. The speeds are 1000 times better. For the increased price I was going to get from AT&T and still no speed comparison we broke and switched. Plus, yeah, I got a lot more HD channels on sat. but most of them were channels I didn't subscribe to or didn't watch. I swear, it's not worth it at times with the hassle.

There's some high speed toys coming out later this year that I'll need better broadband for too. There's a device from XStreamHD (and also one from a company called Vudu) that are going to be able to download HD movies. I love my digital content and it'll of course be another device I buy that will drive Tiff nuts. She freaked when she realized how much money I had tied up in my DirecTV stuff and the computer. Oh yeah, and don't forget the HD-DVD investment that went sour for me. I have a pretty bad string of luck with electronics, I swear! Between my XBox experiences and everything from bad TV's, to home stereos that were DOA, I have a hard time convincing Tiffany that I want to buy some more toys. Ha, I've been thru 3 Sirius radios too. Not including the one I had stolen last summer out of my car. I'll probably just go DVR this time and forget the whole recorded tv on my computer. I just would rather use that for my pictures and music on my XBox in the living room. Hey, I love the little things in life. I put some of my favorite DVD's I have on my computer and I stream them on my XBox. I think that's pretty cool and since Tiff's seen it like that the choice was easy for her on the TV for our room.

Well, one more day of work and then I have to pack to get ready.

I'll definitely be posting pictures when I get back. I'll take some great photos I'm sure. I used to do this same kind of spring trip when I first started working at my first real job. I went 3 times with the guys at my work and had a blast. Should be just as much fun I'm sure.

No comments: