Wednesday, March 26, 2008

You get it?

I want to preface this before you begin reading any further.

I've thought long and hard about posting here. What to post, will others read it, blah, blah, blah. Honestly, I don't care about that. I did, but I'd rather think of myself as not that shallow an individual.

What I decided on was that I needed to get some thoughts out.

Contrary to what many of you might think about me, I'm pretty much an introvert outside of 3 constant elements in my life, home (family), work and XBox.

Outside of those there is not much to Aaron. With that said, what I plan to do with this is to pretty much just share some stories, thoughts, experiences and ideas here. More for reflection.........You'll learn more if you stick around.

So I'm having one of those moments where you start to look around yourself and go 'Damn, I'm going be 35 years old this year.' And for some reason I got bummed out.

I shouldn't complain. I've stared death in the face several times, and beat him. I've got a family that I adore. I've traveled to 2 of the most beautiful places in the world, Hong Kong and Switzerland. I've lived 1600 miles away from home. Never thought I'd do that since I'm such a momma's boy.....Yet, I'm going turn 35 years old...

That's 15 years away from 50! Serious, I just feel like I've been in a race my whole life and now the finish line is not far off. Hey, I'm going do everything in my powers to make sure that I'm a healthy vibrant person, count on it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the end of the road is 50, what I'm presenting to you is a moment of reflection.

Did I do everything the right way in my life? Am I happy? Am I a nice person to be around? Have I treated others well? Did I do my best in my jobs? Did I raise my children the right way? Are they functional parts of our society? Thought provoking I know.

See it's not all about death and the end of the road. I do want to make sure that things in my life were fulfilling to both myself and others around me. But at the same time I want to leave a legacy that I am proud of.

What I think I really want from this is for people to get me. I honestly believe that many of you don't, never have, or never will get me. But hey, I won't feel like I didn't try to explain myself.

So maybe this will help you and me. Only time will tell, right?

I'm going to break these up in to sections. More for my own sanity. I'm excited. Let's see where it goes.

2 comments:

Headgamer said...

Almost 35, huh? The most significant thing I remember from my 35th birthday was that I seemed to literally go up a pants size overnight on the day of my 35th birthday. Danged age and body morphing...LOL... Three months from TODAY I will be 40. I wonder what will happen then? Wake up with dentures?

I just see it as another day closer to my "Homegoing," ya know? That's what gets me through the introspective times.

Silver said...

The one thing I can say about you is that you've got a kind heart, and a kind soul. And damn you've a tough nut to crack, so keep that shell on, and stay cancer free dammit.

As far as everything else in life goes, we have to deal with the hand we're given. The fact that you're still here, and that you're family is happy, healthy, and connected is a good indicator that you worked things out good.

No regrets my friend, as you've done more than I have in life, that's for sure. I envy you in a lot of respects. So look at age as experience, that's what makes me happy. :-)