Monday, August 20, 2007

Over-stuffed weekend!


Wow, you won't hear me say it often, but damn am I glad it's Monday!


The weekend was just full of things to do and just not enough time to get it all done, but as usual, we somehow managed!


As I mentioned before, we had Alexander's 2nd birthday party on Sunday. We had such a great time. Let's just say that holding a party from 3-5 didn't quite turn out that way. The first crowd rolled in around 1:30 and the last guest left at 10:30. Daddy's whooped!
So Alex is a big boy now! We bought him a whole new bedroom [see my flickr site for all the photos] decked out in the movie 'Cars' theme! This kid is a bit obsessed with that movie. On an average watching the flick 3-4 times a day. Not to mention, 'Car, car's' is all the kid says at the moment! I just love em! After being completely tired out we put him to bed about 10:45. We were fearing the worst. And it started out bad! We let him walk up the stairs, and he went immediately to our room where his crib was moved, and threw a fit. After about 2 minutes he realized that his efforts were fruitless and caved! We put him in the bed, Tiffany tucked him in, and within 5 minutes he was out cold! Such a precious little kid!
As usual, we went all out for the event and, of course, bought way too much of everything. We are now stocked up in pop, water and beer for the better part of a month, and I'll be eating sloppy joes for lunch over the same amount of time! But the food was outstanding. I cooked dogs, brats and burgers to go with the sloppy joes, and we see who won that battle! Potatoe salad, fruit salad, nachos/dip, blah, blah, blah..............So good!
Tiffany and Brooke did a great job.
We started all the work on Saturday, which was the best thing we could have done. I couldn't imagine having to wake up on Sunday and pull off what took me til 2:30am to accomplish. Just wasn't happening. I started around 9pm on Saturday putting the bedroom together and it was just meticulous! So many damned small screws, poles, and plastic and only my 2 hands. What a bitch! But I overcame the odds, and I didnt have any leftover hardware!!
I wanted to be creative with the whole bedroom, so I had Tiffany move his crib to our room and he napped there on Sunday while we moved all of it in to his room and set it all up. I then had Tiff put wrapping paper on the door with a bow and I wanted him to go in there during the party for the 'big gift' presentation. Well, lets just say that the plan didnt go accordingly. We made it until around 4:30 when I hear this tremendous screaming and schrill coming from upstairs. Of course, parental instincts overcome me and I jump up running up the stairs. All I hear is 'Daddy, daddy, car car's, car cars!!!!' Followed by more screaming. Yes, Alex snuck away and made it up the stairs and thru his door. Little smarty pants! So much for getting to see the instant gratification! But hey, he loved it!!!
I wanted to thank everyone again for all the gifts and just for showing up. After a bombed 1st birthday, I think this will be one he remembers..........even at 2 years old!

No comments: