Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Stupid Cancer! Survivors rule!

 stepsforliving2 Most of you know that I suffered from a rare form of testicular cancer called non-godnal germ cell seminoma. I am in remission from it right now and everything has been going great so far.

I decided awhile back that I wanted to get involved with something and find a way to give back to a community that did so much for my family and I during this time.

stepsforlivingI ran across a website just browsing one day and I felt the urge to sign up with them. As I was browsing the site I ran across a section for getting involved and I filled out an application for their Young Adult Leadership Council. After interviewing over the phone I was just really moved that this was going to be something special.

There are big things planned with this up and coming organization and I am glad to be involved.

You'll be seeing a lot from me on here promoting the site, discussing my disease and pretty much the same 'ol rants that have been here for almost 2 years now.

My first order of business that I want to promote here are 2 cd's put out by i[2]y. The are put together from those around the cancer community and it is a great listen. I have the Volume 1 disc and it's pretty neat to listen to.

With all organizations there are charitable events and promotions, this is i[2]y's to begin with.

Here are the notes about the cd:

The I'm Too Young For This! Cancer Foundation For Young Adults (i[2]y) is a global support community for young adults affected by cancer who get busy living and rock on – and we use music and the arts to make it hip to be a young survivor and talk openly about stupid cancer.
Nearly 70,000 young adults between the ages of 15 and 39 will be diagnosed with cancer this year, a number that increases each year. That said, we're not here to scare people. Seriously, we're not. This compilation CD (and educational toolkit) was a labor of love 3 years in the making and what it represents is not only hope, but a united community of survivors who often feel they're the only ones out there. Well, this album is changing the rules.
100% of all net proceeds benefit the foundation, For more information visit http://ImTooYoungForThis.org.
Stupid cancer, Survivors rule. Rock on!

No pressure friends, but I'd like to encourage you to help out if ya can and pick up one of these discs. Now the music may not be for you, but knowing that purchased it can make ya feel good! Pass the cd on to a friend who may like it.

You have my thanks and appreciation friends! Enjoy!

No comments: