Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Deep Impact............into the taxpayers wallet!


050704_flyby_impact_02
Originally uploaded by Scary_Aaron.

Now, don't get me wrong!

Im all for space exploration and discovering new things, but give me an f'n break!!! 333$ million dollars to slam a washing machine packed with 5 tons of explosives into an asteroid? Just what do you gain out of this?

I was talking with Vitamin B about this as I sat like a loon glued to the internet watching NASA TV, and we were discussing this very issue. What the hell can you possibly gain, knowledge wise out of this? "Welp, we put a nick in it!"

HAHA, I've heard some great things about this, like "just wait, it's probably some borg like object that is gonna be really pissed off now!" As it sinks its teeth into the Earth.

C'mon guys, I mean, send a man back to the moon or something. Just find something better to do with 333$ million dollars than blowing shit up for your enjoyment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that 333$ million is alot to spend on a project that seems so shallow... but really. In the long run, If we were to face a situation where earth is threatened by a meteor or an asteroid hurling through space toward us. I would like to know what it takes to blow it up and make it a non threat.