Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Your kidding me, right??

OK folks! I've now officially been here 60 days and I am getting ready to witness hurricane #3. And no, these haven't just been little ones to pass us by. We're talking 3 of the worst hurricanes to hit land in recorded history.

Booked a hotel room up in Jacksonville and we're heading out probably Friday afternoon. Not gonna take the chance.

LOL, we knew there was the risk of them, but damn, 3 in 60 days?? C'mon, is that a sign??

UPDATE: Here is the latest tracking of the storm from NOAA, and they would be the ones to know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's insane. I worry about my parents and my sister down there. The last couple pretty much skimmed them and ended up dumping rain on'em.

But if it's a direct hit, I hope their homes can withstand it. My folks house is 20 years old, so it's been through some good hurricanes already, but the sheer number of trailer parks in Florida...well, I hope they have insurance.

Stay safe mang!

Anonymous said...

Hey Aaron, it's Heather, Silverblood's girl. I hope your house stays in one piece and that the storm will drop to a lesser category by the time it hits land. I thought the storm was going to head more north and make landfall along the panhandle of Florida or even slightly more west but unfortunately it is headed in your direction. My best friend's family lives in Fort Myers so it looks like it is targeted right at them. Are you located anywhere near that area? By the way your new baby is adorable!

Anonymous said...

If I were president I would have declared war on hurricanes already and nuked them.

Anonymous said...

I saw a news spot on the rash of hurricanes happening in the gulf. It seems that they're on a 20-30 cycle. and that we could see another 10 years or more of this sort of weather. :(

Sorry.. not great news, I know. Hopefully they'll spread out a bit in the future and not pop up all at once again!